Sunday, November 25, 2012

Magsafe2

I just got my new Macbook Air. The old one had some battery issue, after just about over a year of service. I have to say that I love my Air. I think it is the best laptop (or whatever category it falls under) ever made. The one disappointing thing is that the new Air has a new power adaptor connector - something called "Magsafe 2". I am sure someone at Apple had a reason to change it. My problem is that I have at least 4 or 5 legacy Magsafe power adapters - one in each office, a couple at home, one in my laptop bag, etc. At $80 a pop, that's another $400, in addition to the cost of the laptop, that I need to invest, just because the battery of my old Macbook Air died. Now I have to carry the $10 "adapter thingy" in my backpack, lose it, buy another one and most importantly - run out of power when I needed. Sounds like a bad idea altogether, and other people seem to agree:

http://pogue.blogs.nytimes.com/2012/07/30/one-of-apples-best-ideas-ever-made-worse/

Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home