Monday, February 13, 2012

Nagios to ThousandEyes Integration


The company I work for (ServiceNow) recently started using a SaaS for external monitoring from a startup company called ThousandEyes and we decided to standardize on it. The guys from ThousandEyes have looked into some use cases which other players did not address, particularly for troubleshooting routing anomalies in real time. I also liked the UI very much – it is clean, responsive and can be used both for ad-hoc queries and for "NOC" dashboard. Although the service lacks some features that the competition already has we decided to adopt it because of the great troubleshooting features, ability to view network changes and the agility of the company. One issue that the NOC team brought up is they would like to look at alerts in one place – the Nagios console, not have to look at both Nagios and ThousandEyes, so I wrote a small integration between ThousandEyes REST API and Nagios.  I have not had the time to put it on github, so if you're interested - please email me directly.

Labels:

1 Comments:

Blogger nasreen basu said...

Your posts is really helpful for me.Thanks for your wonderful post. I am very happy to read your post. It is really very helpful for us and I have gathered some important information from this blog. servicenow training in hyderabad ,splunk training in hyderabad

September 22, 2015 at 1:37 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home