Wednesday, March 02, 2005

The End of My Suburban Life

Finally my dream to live in the city has materialized. After several months of looking at properties in Los Angeles I closed escrow on a 1-bedroom condominium in the Bunker Hill Tower. All my possessions (with very few exceptions) are packed in brown “Public Storage” boxes and ready to be moved. I’ve heard it all - it is expensive, the dues are more than the average monthly wage in some (in fact, a lot of) countries, the crime rate is high, blah, blah, blah. Never mind. It is a way out of the suburban sea of abundance, single parenting, home schooling and enormous SUVs. Finally, I am relieved of the burden of being a slave to my dwelling. No more gardeners, pool men, bug spraying and trips to OSH, just so I can “be like the neighbors”.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home